This page introduces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and useful information for Sony's Android TVs.
Click on the icon/topic to view help articles.
|Update||Network / Internet||Broadcast||Remote control|
|Power||Picture & Screen||Connectivity / USB HDD||Others|
- Android TV Troubleshooting. What is benefit of Reset and Software Update?
- How to perform a Firmware / Software update on BRAVIA TV?
- Why is there a power plug icon and spinning arrow displayed on the TV?
- After Initial Setup I started a Software update, but it does not seem to end.
- Unable to complete the software update using the television menu.
- Android TV does not work properly after software update.
- Frequently Asked Questions for BRAVIA TV internet / network functions
- Connect your Sony's Android TV to the Internet
- The BRAVIA TV cannot be connected to the Internet
- How to access and use the Internet browser (Opera Browser) on the Android TV
Internet content issues
- Network Error or Unable to access the network to view or stream Internet content.
- Cannot access the network service contents of the Google play Store, Movies & TV, Music (Google play), YouTube or Games applications.
- Error: 1107, 2123, 3218, 5010 or 7003 appears during the network setup or when attempting to access Internet content on the TV.
Sharing the screen / content from a mobile device
- How to play back the content stored in a mobile device on the TV screen.
- The screen mirroring function doesn't work.
- Can I use screen mirroring with my Apple mobile device?
- How to tune or retune Sony's Android TV (Analogue/Cable/Terrestrial Guide)?
- Why is the TV not tuning into the new channels automatically?
- TV does not respond to the supplied remote control
- Troubleshooting for Touchpad Remote Control
- Touchpad Remote Control does not work after doing a Factory data reset or after removing Touchpad Remote Control from the Device list in Bluetooth settings.
- How to perform a reset or a Factory Data Reset on an Android TV
- The TV turns off or shuts down by itself.
- After the power cord (mains lead) is plugged in, it takes time for the power to turn on/it doesn't turn on sometimes/it takes time for the screen and sound to start up.
- The screen appears to have a cloudy, white shadow or bright spots when there is no input or when viewing very dark scenes.
- The picture looks too big, stretched, does not fit the screen or parts of the picture appear to be cut off.
- How to connect a TV Sound Bar system to a television.
- Is my 4K Ultra HD BRAVIA TV compatible with HDCP 2.2?
- How to use the USB port of the Android TV or fix errors when connecting a USB device.
- What types of USB hard disk drives are compatible with Android TV?
- Does Android TV support USB mouse or Bluetooth mouse?
- Can I use Bluetooth headphones, speakers, and sound bars with Android TV?
- There is no picture when using an HDMI connection.
- HDMI connectivity potential issues and how to solve them
- Unable to display a picture from a computer that is connected to the HDMI input of the TV.
- The screen seems darker when switched to external input.
- How to turn off or exit the DEMO mode on the TV (Android TV / WxxxB series / XxxxB series).
- The compatibility chart of the 3D glasses for Android TV (2016/2015 models)
- Can Android TV be attached to an existing wall-mount unit (for example, a standard VESA mounting interface)?