IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Q1. What is Alexa?
Alexa is Amazon‘s cloud-based voice service.
Q2. What can I do on my audio device with Amazon Alexa?
You can do the following operations on your audio device using voice commands on an Amazon Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo etc.):
- Playback or stop music
- Go to the previous or next track
- Set the volume control
Note: Operations such as power on or off, USB playback, switching input, and changing the sound mode are not supported.
Q3. What else do I need to use Amazon Alexa functions with the audio device?
You will need the following:
- An Amazon Alexa-enabled device, such as an Amazon Echo etc.
- A mobile device that can connect to the Google Play store or Apple App Store, to perform initial setup with an Amazon Alexa-enabled device.
- A home network with Wi-Fi (wireless) capabilities
- The Sony | Music Center app
- An Amazon account
Note for HT-Z9F: Make sure your soundbar system has the latest software installed so you can use the Amazon Alexa function.
Q4. What streaming music services (streaming services) are compatible with the Amazon Alexa functions?
The following streaming music services are compatible with this function:
(Please delete the information for other than your region or country.)
Australia and New Zealand:
- Amazon Music
- Amazon Music
- You may be required to activate the account link and skills on the Alexa app, depending on the streaming music service.
- Because of decisions made by the various music service providers, the available music services may change without notice.
Q1. How do I perform the initial setup to use the Amazon Alexa function?
Follow these steps to perform the initial setup:
- Install the Music Center app to your smartphone.
- Connect the smartphone and Amazon Alexa capable audio device to the same network.
- On your smartphone, open the Music Center app.
- Perform the initial setup and follow the on-screen instructions.
Q2. What voice commands do I use with Alexa?
You must give preset voice commands to Amazon Alexa-enabled devices. You can say the following voice commands:
Note: For other voice commands, enter the words Alexa Help Voice Commands in your internet browser to search for and find help with Amazon Alexa commands.
Q3. How do I unregister my device from Alexa?
Sign out from the Alexa setting of the Music Center app.
Q4. How do I use Multi-Room Music with the Alexa function? (for HT-Z9F only)
Try the following:
- On your smartphone, launch the Alexa app.
- Create Multi-Room Music Speaker Group from Amazon Alexa device settings and register the Sound Bar.
Q1. The Amazon Alexa device does not respond to my voice commands even though I used preset voice commands.
Q3. Alexa does not discover my Sound Bar/Wireless Speaker after the initial setup on the Music Center app.
Q4. The Amazon Alexa (Amazon Echo, etc.) cannot recognize the Sound Bar/Wireless Speaker, saying that the device is offline.
Q5. I cannot cancel the device registration from the Alexa app.
Sign out from the Alexa setting of the Sony | Music Center app.
Q6. Deezer or Saavn App does not play correctly.
Make sure your soundbar system has the latest software installed.
Q7. The playback screen of the device doesn't display the correct song information when using the Amazon Alexa Multi-Room Music function.
The song data may not be available depending on the devices and music services using the Alexa Multi-Room Music function. If this is the case, the playback screen shows the previous song information or it won't display the song data.