IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Make sure that the microphone setting of the Amazon Alexa enabled device is set to on.
- On the Amazon Alexa app, change the Alexa device name that is set to the Sound Bar or Wireless Speaker to a different device name.
Depending on the Alexa device name, the recognition accuracy of the Amazon.com, Inc. voice service may change.
NOTE: Register the Sound Bar or Wireless Speaker to the Preferred Speaker setting of the Alexa app to enable Sound Bar or Wireless Speaker voice operation without having to speak the Alexa device name.
- Check the Amazon Alexa language setting. If the displayed language is different from the one that has been set, change it to the same language.
- Check the language and voice command language set on Alexa devices.
- Check the language and voice command language set on the Music Center app for the Sound Bar or Wireless Speaker.
For further information, enter the words Alexa Help Preferred Speaker in your internet browser to search for and find help with this issue.