- After updating TV software to version 6.4960, a TV remote control software update notification may appear.
- Even If you select Close to close the update notification, the message appears again when you restart the TV.
- In order to improve the stability of the remote control, it is recommended that you update the remote control software.
Q1: A Software update for the remote control is available notification appears.
Q2: The TV remote control software update fails.
Q3: I closed the Software update for the remote control is available notification. Now how do I update the remote control software?
A1: This update includes an improvement to the TV remote control's stability. The original TV remote control software does not allow for the display of a low battery message. After updating the software, you will see a message when the battery power level gets low.
- If you would like to update the remote control software, press Update now. During the update, keep the TV remote control near the TV and do not remove the batteries. The software update will take a few minutes.
- If you do not want to update the remote control software now, press Close. You can update the software later by following step 3.
A2: Press Try again, and during the update, be sure to keep the TV remote control near the TV and do not remove the batteries.
- If the update still fails, replace the TV remote control batteries with new ones and try the update again.
- If the update fails even after changing the batteries, press and hold the POWER button of the remote control for about 5 seconds to restart the TV, then try the update again.
A3: Follow this procedure to update the TV remote control software:
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Remotes & Accessories — Remote control — Software update — Update.