Many of the existing apps from the Google Play™ store can be downloaded to the Android™ TV. There are several hundred apps already available with a consistent flow of new apps being released for the Android TV platform. The Google Play store opens the door to many apps you may already be using on your mobile devices.
- The availability of Android TV apps is different depending on the country or region where the TV is being used.
- Some apps may require that the TV has the latest software update installed .
- To automatically download software updates, set the Automatic software download setting to On.
This article is designed to help direct you to answers regarding the available apps for the Android TV and on how to install or uninstall an app.
Troubleshooting and additional information:
- How secure is my personal information when downloading an app from the Google Play Store?
- Can apps developed for mobile devices be used on the Android TV?
- Can I purchase apps on the Android TV via the Google Play store?
- How to refresh or update the Internet app list.
- I cannot find an app that I use on my smartphone or tablet in Google Play store of my TV.
- I cannot find the web browser app on my Android TV.
- I cannot install or update any applications from the Google Play Store.
- How to download, install and troubleshoot Android TV & Google TV apps
- The app information screen of the Android TV will not change when I try to search for and install apps using the Google Play store.
- Why is Location information necessary for the Android TV and how is it used?
- Error: Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped. appears when using the Google Play services app of the Android TV.
- How to check the data size of an app installed on an Android TV.
- How to show the password entered into the password input screen of apps and services of the Android TV.