5.1ch Home Cinema System with Bluetooth® technology / Included components may vary by country or region of purchase: SS-RT3, SS-SRT3R, SS-SRT3L, SA-WRT3, RMT-AH200U, SS-WRT3
Questions & Answers: 92
- Sound Bar Troubleshooting GuideIMPORTANT: This guide is only applicable for Sound bar models with a prefix of "HT". For other models, please refer to the Sony support website for solutions Click on the topic to view the Troubleshooting: Hint:
- The USB device is not recognized on my HT-RT3If the USB device is not recognized, try the following: Turn the system off. Remove and reconnect the USB device. Turn the system on. Note: Make sure that the USB device is securely connected to the (USB) port.
- Sound from the Subwoofer is too low.Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue: The subwoofer is a speaker for playing bass sounds. Sound from the subwoofer may be hard to hear when the input source has less bass sound. On the remote control, press
- Can I place anything on top of the subwoofer?Because by placing things on the subwoofer will produce vibrations, and you should avoid putting items on top of the Subwoofer. Any items placed on top of the Subwoofer may fall.
- Connect Your Audio Device / Home Theater System to the Music Center (SongPal) AppBefore You Start Make sure that your audio device is compatible with Music Center. Your audio device should have the latest firmware version. If your audio and mobile devices are already have a Bluetooth connection
- Cannot hear the TV sound from the Soundbar or Home Theater SystemFollow these steps to troubleshoot the issue: If the sound is not output from the Soundbar subwoofer, refer to the article No sound is output from the Subwoofer. While the TV and audio device (Soundbar, Home Theater
- How many portable speakers can be connected simultaneously using SongPal Multi-Room?Up to ten speakers can be connected and play music simultaneously using SongPal Multi-Room feature.
- Why is the remote control not responding properly?If the subwoofer is placed in close proximity to a TV, it is observed that irregular noise may occur or the remote control may not respond properly. Try placing your subwoofer slightly away from TV as shown below
- How can I check which version of Music Center (SongPal) I currently use?To check which version of Music Center (SongPal) you are currently using, follow the below procedure: In the Speaker & Group screen, tap the drop-down menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen. Select About
- How can I remove audio devices or groups from the Music Center (SongPal) app?In order to remove speakers, other audio devices or groups from the Music Center (SongPal) app, follow the below procedure: In the Speaker & Group screen, tap the drop-down menu icon in the top-right corner of the