How to encrypt or decrypt files using the UPEK Protector Suite QL fingerprint software?
Encrypt or decrypt files using the UPEK Protector Suite QL fingerprint software.
1. Enroll a fingerprint and setup a Windows password with the UPEK Protector Suite QL fingerprint software.
2. Locate the folder containing the files you would like to add to an encrypted archive.
3. Right-click on the folder and then in the menu, click Add to new encrypted archive.
4. In the Encrypt files window, under File name for the archive:, click the browse (...) button and navigate to directory where you would like to save the encrypted archive.
5. In the Save As window, navigate to the directory where you would like to save the encrypted archive and change the file name if desired.
6. Click the Save button.
7. In the Encrypt files window, in the Password: textbox, type a backup password.
IMPORTANT: The password entered will be used to access the encrypted archive if the biometric fingerprint sensor fails to accept a fingerprint.
8. In the Verify password: textbox, type the same password and then click the OK button.
9. In the Encrypt files window, choose to Delete original files or Keep original files.
Follow the procedure below to decrypt files.
1. Open the folder containing the encrypted archive.
2. Right-click on the encrypted archive folder and then in the menu, click Unlock to enable access to the files.
3. When the Swipe finger window appears, swipe an enrolled finger across the biometric fingerprint sensor.
4. Open the encrypted archive and copy the files to a desired location.
The files will be decrypted during the file copy process
To lock the encrypted archive, right-click on the encrypted archive and then in the menu, click Lock.
To delete an encrypted archive folder it must be locked because the UPEK Protector Suite QL fingerprint software is using the folder when it is unlocked.