Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue:
Before you start
If the ear fitting supporters are not the right size or are not properly attached, they may feel uncomfortable. Check the How to find the best ear fitting supporters and replace them if needed article to use the best ear fitting supporters for your ears.
Use a smartphone's video function to record how the LinkBuds look in your ears:
By recording a video, you can see exactly how the ear fitting supporters look in your ear to determine if they are fitted properly and how to adjust them if needed.
After recording the video, go to step 2.
Select your issue details:
Wear the LinkBuds correctly:
- Key point 1: Push the ear fitting supporter into the ear groove.
If the ear fitting supporters are not placed correctly in the ear grooves, the LinkBuds can easily fall out.
- 3-1 (Incorrect): The ear fitting supporter is out of the ear groove, and the LinkBuds unit is falling out of the ear
- 3-2 (Correct): The ear fitting supporter is properly inserted in the ear groove, and the LinkBuds unit is fitted well
Follow these steps to attach the ear fitting supporter:
- Push the ear fitting supporter into the ear groove to align the supporter in line with the ear groove (A).
- Check that the LinkBuds unit does not fall out of the ear.
- Key point 2: Check the fitting again to make sure that the size is appropriate for your ear.
Trying to push too tight may cause rotating the LinkBuds unit too much and eventually go aside from the ear groove.
- 3-3 (Incorrect): The ear fitting supporter is out of the ear
- 3-4 (Correct): The ear fitting supporter is securely put into the ear
If the size of the ear fitting supporter is not appropriate for the ear, the supporter may fit loosely and may fall out. If this happens, try larger ones.
- 3-5 (Incorrect): The size is not appropriate for the ear
- 3-6 (Correct): The size is appropriate for the ear
- Key point 3: When you wear the LinkBuds, be careful about the position.
While being worn, the LinkBuds unit needs to have the driver unit (B), housing (C), and the ear fitting supporter (D) properly positioned. Make sure the driver unit (B) is in the Concha (G), the housing (C) is inside the ear groove (E), and the ear fitting supporter (D) is tucked under the ear groove (E):
- B: Driver unit
- C: Housing Unit
- D: Ear fitting supporter
- E: Ear groove
- F: Line to fit the ear
- G: Concha (Earhole)
- Insert the driver (B) into the lower part of the Concha (G).
- Align the housing (C) inside the ear groove line (F).
- Push the ear fitting supporter (D) under the ear groove (E).
See the solutions according to the trouble:When the lower part of the Concha (earhole) is uncomfortable (1) When the Concha (earhole) is uncomfortable (2) When the ear groove is uncomfortable or loose When the ear groove is uncomfortable or painful