The Screen Reader and Talkback functions work by vocalizing the information on TV screen, such as program guide and setting screen. In order to use the Screen Reader or Talkback function, an Internet connection is necessary.
The setting of the Screen Reader or Talkback function can be confirmed by the following procedure.
- The Screen Reader function is supported for the W8 and X7 series only.
- The Screen Reader and Talkback functions are available only for focus points and some texts.
- The Screen Reader and Talkback functions are available only for some areas and languages.
- Whether a given app is available with the Screen Reader function depends on the app.
- As of February 2020, YouTube™ is available with the Screen Reader and Talkback functions. The specification may change without notice.
- To check the type of your TV, refer to the article How to check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV™, Android TV™, or other TV.