IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products, countries/regions, and operating systems. For the applicable products, please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article. For the applicable countries/regions, and operating systems, please refer to the Countries and regions where Sony's TV supports Amazon Alexa devices article.
Table of contents
Before you start
- In addition to the TV and Amazon Alexa device, you also need a smartphone.
- Download the Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone and complete the setup of your Amazon Alexa-equipped device. For the setup method, please check the manual of the Amazon Alexa device.
- The Amazon Alexa app is a mobile application provided by Amazon. You can access the Amazon Alexa app from your smartphone.
For the setup method, refer to Setup Amazon Alexa app with Amazon Alexa device
- Product images and steps are for illustrative purposes only and may differ depending on your product. For more information, please check the manual of the Amazon Alexa device.
- Connectivity with all Amazon Alexa device devices is not guaranteed.
- To connect your TV to the Amazon Alexa app, connect your smartphone and TV to the same Wi-Fi (wireless LAN) network.
Note: For how to connect your TV to a wireless LAN, refer to the How to connect the BRAVIA TV to a network using a wireless connection (Wi-Fi network) article.
- The following is required to sign in (log in):
- For Models with the TV Control with Smart Speakers app: An Amazon, Google, Sony, Apple, or Facebook account.
- For Models with the TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa app: A Google account.
How to configure the settings
- On the supplied TV remote control, press the HOME button.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Under Your apps, select See all — TV Control with Smart Speakers app.
- Select Apps — TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa app.
- If the TV Control with Smart Speakers app or TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa app is displayed on the Home screen, select one of them.
- The next steps will depend on the app you selected in the previous step. TV Control with Smart Speakers app TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa app