Connect your TV to the internet beforehand.
For details on the internet connection steps, refer to the following pages.
How to connect the Android TV™ to a network using a wireless connection.
How to connect the BRAVIA TV to a network using a wired connection
Prepare a Google account with registered email address and password.
If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one on Google’s website.
Refer to the following link on how to create a Google account.
For Android™ 7.0 or later:
You can register more than one Google account on your Android TV at a time.
- For Android 6.0 or earlier:
Only one Google account can be used at a time. If you want to log in with a different Google account than the one that is already logged in, remove that account and then add the new one.
Refer to the following on how to remove and change Google accounts.
How to remove and change Google accounts.
Follow the steps below to set (add) a Google account on an Android TV.
NOTE: The display screen may differ depending on the device or OS version. The following is just an example.
- Using the TV remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Account & Sign In — Add account — Sign In. (Android 9)
- Select Add account. (Android 8.0 or earlier)
Enter the Email address and select NEXT.
NOTE: Use the Navi buttons to use the on-screen keyboard and press the center button to select.
- Enter the Password and select NEXT.
- After you have successfully logged in, the Google icon with the mark G will be displayed together with the email address used to log in.
NOTE: You can delete your account, sync your account (Android 7.0 or later only), or sync your apps by selecting the Google icon displayed.