The Android TV™ is not being detected as a Chromecast built-in (Google Cast) device or the Android TV is detected but the connection fails.
Check the steps below if any of the following occurs:
- The Android TV is not being detected as a Chromecast built-in device.
- The Cast icon is not displayed on the mobile device.
- The Cast icon is available on the mobile device and the TV model is detected but Cast does not work.
- The Cast icon is available on the mobile device and the TV model is detected but the error message There was a problem connecting to XXX-XXXXX (Model name) appears and the connection fails.
NOTE: Each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue. Check if the Chromecast built-in function is working after completing each step.
- Make sure that your device and the TV are connected to the same home network.
- From My Apps in the Google Play Store app, update all of the apps installed in the TV to the latest version.
- Make sure the Google Cast Receiver or Chromecast built-in app is not disabled in Android TV.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Select Google Cast Receiver or Chromecast built-in.
- Set it to Enable.
- Make sure that your device and the TV have the correct time settings.
To set the date and time of the TV, refer to the following: How to adjust the date and time
- Terminate the Chromecast-enabled (Google Cast-enabled) app on the mobile device, and restart it.
NOTE: For details on how to terminate and restart apps, refer to the instructions manual of your mobile device.
- Temporarily turn off the mobile device, and wait approximately one minute before turning it back on.
- Reset the TV.
For how to reset, refer to the following: How to restart (reset) an Android TV?
- Restart the wireless router. (Unplug the router, and wait approximately one minute before reconnecting the power.)