Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the TV when the sound raises or lowers or mutes on its own.
- Turn off the TV.
- Verify that the volume control and MUTE buttons on the TV and remote control are not stuck.
- Remove the batteries from the TV remote control.
- Turn on the TV using the power button on the TV set.
- Remove any other infrared emitting devices from the room.
- Reset the TV to factory specifications.
NOTE: Additional information on How to reset the TV to the original factory settings is available.
If the above steps do not resolve this issue, service may be required. Please contact Sony