WARNING FOR LCD AND PLASMA TELEVISIONS: This procedure will reset the video calibration settings of the TV. If you paid to have your TV screen specially calibrated, you may want to first try performing a power reset instead. Otherwise, any special calibration settings will be lost.
- The supplied remote control is necessary to perform this procedure.
- If lights on the front of the TV are blinking or flashing, refer to the following:
Red, green or orange lights are on or blinking on the TV.
- Unplug the TV power cord (mains lead) from the electrical outlet.
- Allow the TV to remain without power for one minute.
- Plug the power cord (mains lead) back into the electrical outlet.
NOTE: The TV should turn on automatically. If it does not, turn it on.
- Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.
- On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button. Make sure the remote control is pointed towards the front and centre of the TV.
- While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER button on the TV set. Depending on the TV, Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV.
- The TV may turn off and then back on.
- If the TV remains off after this operation, press the POWER button to turn it on.
- The button may be on the front, top or side of the TV. If your TV has an Energy Saving switch, be sure to press the POWER button rather than the Energy Saving switch.
- Release the UP ARROW button.
NOTE: The initial setup screen displays if the above procedures were performed correctly.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup.
IMPORTANT: If the reset did not complete successfully, disconnect all devices from the TV and turn off or disable the network connection the repeat these steps.