Sony Boosts Full-Frame Lens Line-up with Introduction of 35mm F1.8, Lightweight Prime
- High resolution and large-aperture full-frame performance in compact and lightweight lens
- Outstanding corner-to-corner image quality from maximum F1.8 aperture
- Versatile control and handling for a wide range of imaging needs
- Quiet AF with excellent tracking for movies as well as stills
- Sony has the maximum lens assortment of 34 full frame lenses
New Delhi, 23rd August, 2019: Sony today announced the latest addition to its E-mount full-frame lens line-up with the introduction of a FE 35mm F1.8 large-aperture wide-angle prime lens, model SEL35F18F.
“A 35mm prime lens is a go-to lens for so many photographers as its versatility means that it is the right choice for so many kinds of shot,” said Hiroyuki Tokuno, Head of Digital Imaging Division, Sony India. “Our new 35mm FE lens combines brilliant corner to corner clarity with a truly lightweight design and we are confident that it will appeal to a wide range of stills and movie shooters.
High resolution and large-aperture full-frame performance in compact and lightweight lens
- The compact dimensions and light weight of this full-frame, large-aperture prime lens provide mobility and convenience for shooting a wide range of subjects from everyday snapshots, food photography, landscapes, night scenes and more.
- Large F1.8 maximum aperture, weighing in at just 280 grams and measuring 65.6 mm (diameter) by 73.0mm (length); this new lens sets a new standard for portability.
- Smart optical construction including an aspherical element to suppress aberration and deliver high resolution throughout the entire image frame. 9-blade circular aperture enables beautiful bokeh.
- Minimum focus distance of 0.22m and maximum magnification of 0.24x offer easy access to the world of close-up photography.
Outstanding corner-to-corner image quality from maximum F1.8 aperture
- The new lens provides outstanding corner-to-corner image quality from a maximum F1.8 aperture.
- Its quiet autofocus and tenacious tracking performance make it a great choice for both stills and movie shooting.
- Its small size means it is equally suited to APS-C as well as full-frame bodies, offering a 52.5mm equivalent[i] focal length that is perfect for snapshots, portraits and more.
Versatile control and handling for a wide range of imaging needs
- Conveniently placed, customizable focus hold button and a focus mode switch for instantaneous switching between auto and manual focus.
- Linear Response Manual Focus for fine, responsive manual focus control.
- Dust and moisture resistant design[ii] add to the versatility and reliability of this new lens and invoke a feeling of confidence in the user.
Quiet AF with excellent tracking for movies as well as stills
- Fast, precise and quiet linear-motor AF drive system for precise focus for both stills and movies where “wobbling” is employed for delicate continuous focus control.
Pricing and Availability
The FE 35mm F1.8 will be available across all Sony Center, Alpha Flagship stores, Sony authorized dealers and major electronic stores across India.
|FE 35mm F1.8 Prime Lens||Rs. 56,990/-||23rd August 2019 onwards|
 35mm full frame equivalent
 Not guaranteed to be fully dust and moisture resistant