Visit this section to read the full terms and conditions of your Sony consumer warranty or professional product warranty.
We thank you for having purchased this Sony product and are sure you will enjoy it. In the event of your product requiring service. Please contact us on below :
BRAVIA Extended Warranty
|BRAVIA Screen Size||MRP|
|22(55cm)– 29(72cm)||Rs. 2000/-|
|30(80cm)– 39(97cm)||Rs. 3000/-|
|40(102cm)– 45(112cm)||Rs. 5500/-|
|46(117cm)– 50(126cm) 2K||Rs. 7500/-|
|46(117cm)– 50(126cm) 4K||Rs. 8500/-|
|51(128cm)– 55(139cm) 2K & 4K||Rs. 12500/-|
|56(140cm) – 65(164cm) 2K,4K & OLED||Rs. 35000/-|
|75(189cm) 2K,4K & OLED||Rs. 40000/-|
|Above75(189cm) 2k,4K -OLED||Rs. 50000/-|
LCD/LED TV Extended Warranty Terms & Conditions
Sony India Pvt. Ltd. (here after, "Sony") provides Limited Extended Warranty for the LCD/LED TV product (here after, "Product"), officially imported by Sony.
- The Limited Extended warranty can be purchased within the expiry date of one year Sony initial standard Warranty.
- Limited Extended Warranty for a period of + two (2) years shall apply and extend warranty period from 1 year to 3 years from date of purchase. During this extended warranty period if the product is found defective in materials and/or workmanship and not in conformity with the stipulated specifications of the product. Sony Service Centres / Authorised Service Centres will repair the product on terms and conditions below:
- Extended Warranty will be provided only when this Extended Warranty Card, in original, is presented at the time of requisition for service.
- Sony reserves the right to decline service if the above document is not presented or if the information contained is incomplete or the Extended Warranty Card is found tampered.
- In the event of finding of a defect in material/s, and/or workmanship or finding of non-conformity to meet the stipulated specification/s in the product during the extended period, Sony shall, at its sole discretion, either repair the product free of any charge or replace it with a product of having comparable specifications and features, In case of repair or replacement, Sony shall have ownership right to the defective part replaced or the defective product as the case may be. Sony may use new and/or reconditioned parts to carry out repairs under warranty. The warranty period shall not be extended in the event of repairs undertaken or replacement made.
- This Extended Warranty in non-transferable and shall be valid for service only in India.
- This Extended Warranty shall not cover damage/s pursuant to un-authorised adaptations made contrary to stipulated specifications for the product and/ or adjustments to the product carried out at & by unauthorised service providers.
- This Extended Warranty will be void if the type or serial number marked on the product has been altered, removed or in any manner defaced.
- This Extended Warranty does not cover any external accessories mentioned in the operating instruction manual supplied with this product or any cosmetic parts.
- This Extended Warranty does not cover damage caused to the product due to improper installation by customer and / or connection of the product to equipment not approved by manufacturer and not compatible with the product. It shall also not apply to cases where deficiency in product performance is attributable to poor signal reception provided through third party supplied apparatus/equipment or the use of third party software and/or recorded media.
- This Extended Warranty does not apply if the product has been used for commercial, business, industrial, educational or rental applications.
- This Extended Warranty shall not apply in cases of damages caused to the product by accident, lightning, ingress of water, fire or Acts of God, improper ventilation, accidental dropping or excessive shock or any external cause beyond Sony's control. This Extended Warranty shall not affect consumer's statutory rights under applicable Indian Laws.
Note: Before purchasing an extended warranty
- Please confirm that it is sold and supported by Sony India Pvt Ltd.
- We do not have tie-up with any third party for providing extended warranty for Sony products.
- Our Official extended warranty is sold through our Authorised Service Centres Only
- Our Official extended warranty comes with an assurance of use of genuine parts and reliable service. Please confirm before
How to purchase BRAVIA Extended Warranty
For Existing BRAVIA Customers*:
Call the nearest service centre to avail this offer for details click here.:
* Avail this facility if your product is still under the standard 12 months warranty
For New BRAVIA Customers:
Request our support team when they install your TV.
To Know more about BRAVIA services, call 1800-103-7799 (Toll Free)
All 7 days (9 AM to 7.30 PM)
Tourist Limited Warranty
To obtain warranty service based on the terms and conditions mentioned below, this card must be filled in and authenticated by the dealer from whom you purchased this Sony product. Proof of purchase, in the form of purchase receipt or invoice, issued by the dealer ("Receipt or Invoice") will also be required. "Date of Purchase" will be determined by the date indicated on the Receipt or Invoice, which should be the same as the date filled in this card.
The issuer indicated on the face of this card ("Sony") warrants this Sony product to itsoriginal purchaser against defects in material or workmanship during ordinary consumer use, as follows:
- For a period of 1 (one) year from the Date of Purchase, Sony will bear the labor charges and the costs of parts needed for the repair of the procuct determined to be defective by the Authorized Service Centers or Sony Service Centers listed in this card or other facilities designated by the Contacts listed in this card ("Sony's Repair Facility(ies)"). Any parts replaced under this limited warranty will become the property of Sony.
- To receive the warranty services, the defective products, together with this warranty card and the Receipt and Invoice has to be delivered, by hand or sent by prepaid delivery service, to a Sony's Repair Facility, at your own risk and expense.The repaired product may be returned by post (air/surface) upon your request and at your own risk and expense. When submitting the Sony product for warranty service, it is important that the model and serial number on the Sony product matches the model and serial number stated on this warranty card.
- This limited warranty covers only the hardware components packaged with this Sony product and does not cover any software products whether or not contained in this Sony product. This limited warranty does not cover technical assistance for hardware or software usage. This limited warranty does not cover consumables (such as batteries), cosmetic damage, and damage due to excessive heat, power surges and abnormal voltage), misuse (such as failure to install, use or maintain the product in accordance with Sony instructions), abuse or negligence. This limited warranty is valid only if the product has not been tampered or altered in anyway. This limited warranty does not extend to any modification, conversion and alteration of this Sony procucts to meet local electrical conditions, safety standards and broadcasting systems. This limited warranty is invalid if the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the product.
- Sony reserves the right to change the location of the Sony's Repair Facilities at its sole discretion. It is your responsibility to backup any data, software or other materials you may have stored or preserved on your unit. It is likely that such data, Software or other materials will be lost or reformatted during service and Sony will not be responsible any such loss or damage. It should also be noted that the warranty service may take longer time in countries/area where the product is not sold locally, due to the availability of service information and/or repair parts. Use and repair of certain products may be prohibited by radio control regulations, safety standards or otherwise in some countries/areas. Warranty service is not avaliable in such countries/areas.
- EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NO OTHER WARRANTIES, WHEATHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL APPLY TO THIS SONY PRODUCT; UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SONY BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SONY PRODUCT. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary form state to state or jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- This warranty card will not be re-issued.
Your product is out of Warranty
As a Sony product owner you can contact Sony directly to arrange reliable, cost-effective out of warranty repairs through our professionals at Sony authorized service centers. Find the information about services and service charges for your product in this section.
Service Charges For Sony India Products(Effective from 15th March '19)
|Product Category||Product Group||Charges (Rs.)*|
|Personal Audio||Walkman (Cassette) , Radio Cassette Recorder (CFS/CFM series)||200.00|
|CD/VCD Walkman / Radio||250.00|
|Network Walkman , IC Recorder , Micro Recorder||200.00|
|Radio CD Cassette Recorder (CFD Series)||200.00|
|Blue Tooth Speakers||200.00|
|Home Audio||CD/VCD Player||250.00|
|Mini/ Micro Hi-Fi System with CD Player||350.00|
|Mini/ Micro Hi-Fi System with DVD/VCD Player||600.00|
|HT-PC Speaker (SA-D Series)||500.00|
|Home Theatre System,Sound Bar, AV Amplifier , One Box Systems||600.00|
|Home Theatre Installation||400.00|
|Home Video||DVD Player||200.00|
|Blue Ray Disc Player||300.00|
|Video Cassette Recorder / Player||350.00|
|Car Audio/Video||Head Unit||250.00|
|Separate Amplifier, CD Changer||250.00|
|LCD TV||Size <=73cm(29)||500.00|
|Size 76cm(30) -86cm(34)||675.00|
|Size 89cm(35) - 111cm(44)||900.00|
|Size 114cm(45) - 137cm(54)||1200.00|
|Size 139cm(55) - 175cm(69)||1500.00|
|Size 177cm(70) - 188cm(74)||1800.00|
|Size 190cm(75) - 200cm(79)||2200.00|
|Size 203cm(80) and Above||2500.00|
|Wall Mounting Installation Size <=73cm(29)||325.00|
|Wall Mounting Installation Size 76cm(30) -86cm(34)||400.00|
|Wall Mounting Installation Size 89cm(35) - 111cm(44)||575.00|
|Wall Mounting Installation Size 114cm(45) - 137cm(54)||650.00|
|Wall Mounting Installation Size 139cm(55) - 175cm(69)||1000.00|
|Wall Mounting Installation Size 177cm(70) and Above||4000.00|
|CRT TV||All Size (Except Rear Projection TV/Plasma TV)||750.00|
|Other TV||Rear Projection Television / Plasma TV||1000.00|
|Handycam® (FX & VX series)||1500.00|
|Digital Camera||Cybershot, NEX Camera||600.00|
|DSLR (α) Body , Lens||1000.00|
|IT Products (Selected Service Centre only)||VAIO Notebook PC /Sony Tablet PC||1000.00|
|Recovery , Software update , Software support, RAM Upgrade||200.00|
|PC Speakers (If Repairable)||200.00|
|Mobile Phone (Selected Service Centre only)||Feature Phone||250.00|
|Software update , Software support||150.00|
|Games||PlayStation (Sony India products)** exchange handling fee||150.00|
|Non- Consumer Products (Selected Service Centre only)||Projectors (ES, EX, CS, CX series)||1000.00|
|Camcorder (HVR-H, HVR-Z, HXR-MC, HXR-N, PD Series)||2000.00|
|Other Non-Consumer Products||Please ask|
|General (Consumer Products)||Product Check , Repair Cost Estimation||25% of labour charge (Min Rs.100.00)|
|Software update (Excluding Mobile Phone)||200.00|
|Home Visit Charges within Municipal Limits(Not applicable if pick-up charges applicable)||200.00|
|Pick Up & Delivery Charges within Municipal Limits (LCD/LED TV Size up to 34)||300.00|
|Pick Up & Delivery Charges within Municipal Limits (LCD/LED TV Size above 34 and upto 55 )||600.00|
|Pick Up & Delivery Charges within Municipal Limits (LCD above 55 and upto 69)||1200.00|
|Pick Up & Delivery Charges within Municipal Limits (LCD above 69)||On Actuals|
|Pick Up & Delivery Charges within Municipal Limits (Audio Sets / Home Theatre/One Box System)||500|
|Pick Up & Delivery Service outside Municipal Limits||on Actual|
*MRP inclusive of all taxes. Conditions apply.
Sony Authorised Service Centre reserve the righ to refuse of tempered sets,liquid ingressed sets or return sets unrepaired after initial check up.
** GST & Other levies will be applicable on above charges.
***Out of Warranty Playstation will be exchange on chargeable basis as per Sony India guidelines.
Sony Customer Care Centre : Toll Free Number (Fixed Line and Mobile Phones): 1800-103-7799 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regd. Office:Sony India Pvt. Ltd., A-18, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi - 110 044
Repair Service Terms & Conditions
We thank you for having purchased this Sony product and are sure you will enjoy it. In the event of your product requiring service, please contact the nearest Sony Service Centre / Authorised Service Centre. In case there is no such service centre in your city, please contact our Toll Free No. (1800-103-7799) for assistance. We advise that you read the instruction manual carefully.
- Please produce original SERVICE JOB SHEET while taking delivery of the product. Delivery may be refused if the original Service Job Sheet is not produced unless claimant provides satisfactory evidence of lawful ownership.
- For products under warranty, the warranty card and original purchase invoice must be produced at the time of handing over of the product for repair service.
- We shall not be liable for accessories not recorded in the Service Job Sheet..
- For out warranty cases, an initial repair estimate shall be indicated at the time of depositing the set at the service center – this estimate would be tentative. If after inspection of set a revised estimate is warranted, customer shall be intimated such revised estimate for approval via letter / telephone / email / SMS at the contact information provided by customer for repair service.
- Repair service shall be initiated only on approval of estimates. Customer shall be required to pay normal inspection charges (as applicable) and collect the product immediately if repair estimates are not approved. Non-collection of products shall entitle Service Centre to initiate action detailed in Clause 13.
- Should a natural failure recur within 90 days of the repair service, Labour Charge shall be waived off. In case of failure of the same part(s), the spare part(s) shall be replaced free of charge. However, should the failure be attributable to wrong usage or abuse, accident, lightning, ingress of water, external fire damage, natural disaster, improper ventilation, deterioration due to environmental conditions, excessive shock, normal wear and tear or any external cause not attributable to normal product failure, the part and labour will be chargeable subject to set being in repairable condition.
- We reserve the right to decline repair service of products if the product is more than 5 years old or if the product is damaged extensively or the condition has deteriorated such that reliable repair service cannot be guaranteed or if the failure is caused due to lightning, ingress of water, fire, or if the product has been attended (repair service or modification) by any unauthorized person or if parts are procured by customer from any other source.
- We shall not be liable for reliability of the product if it has been attended by any unauthorized person or party.
- In case the spare part(s) are not available and have to be arranged / sourced afresh, a tentative date for repair service will be indicated and the customer will be required to deposit 100% advance, prior to the sourcing of the spare part(s).
- We respect individual privacy and hence do not take data back-up. For products with Hard Disc Drives, Solid State Drives, Internal Memory and/or Phone Memory, data back-up should be taken by customer before depositing the product for service. We shall not be liable for protection/preservation of any stored content or data if protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management).
- This repair service does not cover liability for loss of data, recorded images and / or loss of business opportunity. If during the repair service, or during software up gradation, the content of the Hard Disc Drive/ Internal Memory/Phone memory are altered or deleted or in any way modified, we shall not be responsible for any loss/damages arising there from.
- Product should be collected within 15 days from the date of intimation of completion of service or rejection of repair estimate, on production of the original Service Job Sheet; otherwise, accommodation charges of Rs.50/- per day will be levied, subject to a maximum of 90 days, after which, we shall dispose-off the product to recover the cost incurred for such storage and repair cost.
- Under no circumstances shall the product be retained by us beyond a period of 90 days from the date of repair service or non-approval of estimate. Unclaimed articles beyond 90 days shall be disposed-off in accordance with environmental regulations or auctioned if in working condition. The proceeds, shall in the first instance, be appropriated towards recovery of repair service charges, accommodation charges etc.
- All disputes are subjected to the jurisdiction of local courts where the service center is situated.
- In the event of loss due to theft, burglary or force majeure circumstances the service provider’s liability, if any, shall be to the extent of the depreciated value of the product on the date of loss. The depreciation shall be calculated @ 15% per year.
- Q: How do I know if my product is repaired already?
A. Our representative will call you on the number provided at the time of depositing your product at the service centre and inform you.
You can also Track your Repair Status by Clicking here or via Web Chat Click here
If you need further information, please contact our Customer Care Center at : 1800-103-7799 (Toll Free)
Working Hours : All 7 Days (9am to 7:30pm)
- Q: Is there warranty for the set/unit after repair?
A: For out-warranty repairs, should a natural failure recur within 90 days of the repair service carried out, Labour charges shall be waived off. If the failure recur in the spare part (s) replaced previously ,the spare part (s) shall also be replaced free of charge.
- Q: How much do I need to pay for the repair?
A: Please click here for more information.
- Q: Where is the nearest Sony Authorized Service Center from my house?
A: Click here to find a Sony Authorized Service near you. If you need further information, please contact our Customer Care Center at : 1800-103-7799 (Toll Free)
Working Hours : All 7 Days (9am to 7:30pm)
- Q: Do you provide home service for Sony products? How do I request?
A: we have home service for LCD TV, Audio Hi-Fi and Home Theatre products. You may contact the nearest Service Centre to schedule arrangement or contact our Customer Care Centre at 1800-103-7799 (Toll Free) for further information.
- Q: I purchased a Sony product overseas. May I know how to get Official Warranty from Sony India?
A: Sony India issues warranty ONLY on products marketed by Sony India. To get Sony products with Sony India warranty, we recommend you to buy Sony products at Sony Authorized Dealer in India.
- Q: I purchased a Sony product overseas with Tourist Limited Warranty (TLW). May I know whether this warranty can valid In India?
A: Please click here for more TLW information.
- Q: How can I get my old electronic products recycled?
A: For information on how to discard your E-waste Click here
- Q: How can I share feedback regarding my complaint, request or query?
To share your feedback click here