IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products (Android TVs) and/or operating systems. Please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- You can only download apps that are compatible with TVs. They may differ from apps for smartphones/tablets. Google Play on the Android TVs, or Search for apps on the Google TVs, only display apps that are supported by the TV. To see if apps are or can be installed on the TV, refer to the following:
- For Android TV and Google TV: What apps are available on my Android TV or Google TV?
- For other than Android TV: Checking all of the apps in the TV
- An Internet connection and Google Account are required to install apps.
- If you do not have a Google Account or want to create a shared account, create a new account by accessing the Google homepage. We recommend that you create a Google Account on a computer or mobile device.
- About paid apps: There are free apps and paid apps. To purchase a paid app, a prepaid Google Play gift card code or credit card information is required. You can purchase a Google Play gift card from various retailers.
- The screenshots provided here are for reference only. The actual screen might differ slightly according to your country, region, model or firmware version.
Select Your TV type.