IMPORTANT: Not all Sony Headphones and Speakers have Bluetooth capability. To verify whether your Sony product has this function, check the specifications on the manual supplied with the product.
For Bluetooth Headphones or Portable Speakers:
Depending on your situation, refer to the appropriate article:
- How to pair Bluetooth headphones with a Bluetooth source device
- How to pair a Bluetooth speaker with a source device
Refer to the Troubleshooting Guide, then check the Cannot perform Bluetooth pairing section.
For Audio systems
Follow these steps:
- Make sure to turn up the volume level on the computer.
- Place your device within one meter of the computer.
- Make sure your computer supports the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) Bluetooth profile.
- The drivers needed to connect your device to a computer are already included in the operating system.
- If your computer is asking for a Bluetooth driver, contact your computer manufacturer.
- If you're using a VAIO computer, Bluetooth drivers are available online. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Set the audio system to pairing mode.
NOTE: For details on how to set the audio system to pairing mode, refer to the manual of the product.
Below is an example of GTK-XB60 model.
1. Press to turn on the system.
2. Press FUNCTION PAIRING repeatedly until the (BLUETOOTH) indicator on the unit flashes slowly.
3. Hold down FUNCTION PAIRING for more than 3 seconds, then the (BLUETOOTH) indicator will flash quickly.
- Select your operating system below and follow the steps to pair your device with the computer.
If pairing and the Bluetooth connection fails, delete the Bluetooth device information from the computer, then perform pairing again.
For how to delete the Bluetooth information, refer to the following article: How to delete the Bluetooth information from a device