Chromecast built-in (Google Cast) lets you watch your favorite entertainment and apps from your mobile device or computer on your Google TV or Android TV.
Note: To learn more about Chromecast built-in, visit the Official Chromecast built-in website.
- Make sure the TV and mobile device or computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- The Chromecast-enabled (Google Cast-enabled) app of the TV and the mobile device or computer must be running the latest software versions.
- For a mobile device, the Chromecast built-in function will only work if an Android device has the Android 2.3 version or later, or if an Apple iOS device has iOS 7.0 version or later.
- For a computer, the computer must meet the minimum system requirements.
Follow the steps below when casting photos, movies, or music from a Chromecast-enabled app on an Android or an Apple iOS mobile device to the TV.
- Launch the Chromecast-enabled app on the mobile device.
- On the app screen, tap the Chromecast built-in icon.
- Select the TV model.
- Tap Play to start playback. The content will begin to play on the selected TV.
Note: With an Android mobile device, you can show a Chrome tab or your screen on the TV. For more details, refer to the Cast a Chrome tab on your TV website.
You can wirelessly display the screen on the television using Google Chrome:
- Connect to your computer same Wi-Fi network as the television.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- On the right side of the browser screen click the Settings icon, select Cast.
- On the Cast tab select Television Available to connect the TV wirelessly.
Note: If the TV shows the entire the computer screen instead of just the browser screen, on the Cast tab, click Source, and then select Cast desktop.
- If the Google Chrome browser is not installed on the computer, you will need to install it before attempting this procedure.
- Update your Google Chrome browser if needed.
- The browser specifications are subject to change without notice.
- It is not possible to watch paid video streaming service via Cast.
- Depending on the content type, some video playback may not be compatible with Cast.
If the Chromecast built-in function does not work, refer to the article Casting from mobile devices or computers to the TV fails.