WARNING! Malfunctions caused by liquids, such as water, are not covered by the product warranty. If this is the case, you may be required to pay for repairs even if it is within the warranty period.
If you charge the headphones when they, the charging case, or the USB terminal are wet, or if you try to charge with foreign substances (dust, etc.) in any of these areas, there is a chance that doing so may cause accidents such as fire, electrical shock, or burns due to fire. Also, doing so can cause staining around the headphones or malfunctions. To prevent such situations, carefully check the headphones, the charging case, the charging port and surrounding area, and the USB cable:
- Make sure that no water or moisture can be found around the headphones, the charging case, the charging port, or its surrounding area: If water or moisture can be found around these areas, remove the water or moisture with a soft dry cloth and allow them to dry at room temperature. You can start charging after the headphones are completely dry.
WARNING! Even if your headphones are waterproof or moisture-proof, charging the headphones while wet may cause fire or electrical shock. Before charging, make sure that there is no water or moisture around the headphones or peripheral items.
- Make sure that no foreign substances can be found around the headphones, charging port, etc.: When the headphones and/or charging port of the charging case become dirty, clean the dirt off before charging.
- Make sure that the USB cable is not damaged, deformed, wet, or dirty: Before charging, check that no water, moisture, or foreign substances can be found in or around the USB cable. Also, check that the USB cable is not damaged or deformed.
Common examples of when headphones can easily get wet
In the following cases, you may unintentionally make the headphones wet. Take care when using the headphones in such situations. Even when your headphones have waterproof or moisture-proof specifications, do not forget to wipe off the water (or dirt, etc.) after use. Also, if you use the headphones with the lid over the USB terminal, make sure to close the lid after charging.
- Using the headphones near water (basin, bathroom, kitchen etc.):
If you use headphones in humid places, water or moisture may easily adhere to the headphones. Be sure to dry your hands after getting them wet before touching the headphones.
- Using headphones in the rain or during exercise, or carrying headphones in the clothes pocket in these situations: Even if the headphones seem away from water because they are under the umbrella or in the pocket, water or moisture may adhere to the headphones.
- Placing the headphones in a humid area may cause condensation inside the headphones: If you place headphones near a cold bottled drink or anything that can attract condensation, that condensation can cause water to adhere to the headphone USB terminal.
For more maintenance tips for your Headphones, refer to the following FAQ:
Headphones Maintenance Tips