The TV does not produce any sound or audio when using an HDMI connection.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Ensure the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the source device (set-top box, DVD player, or other device) and the TV.
If using a HDMI to DVI cable [FIG.1] or and HDMI-to-DVI adaptor, additional audio cables [FIG.2] will be required. Additional information is available if the TV speakers do not produce any sound when using a DVI-to-HDMI connection.
If using an HDMI connection that supports the ARC feature make sure that the appropriate inputs are being used.
- Set the TV to the correct video input to receive the signal from the source device.
- Set the audio output setting of the source device to output a compatible audio signal.
- If using a set-top box, make sure the volume is turned up on the set-top box. You also may need to go into the set-top box menu and select HDMI in the Audio Settings or Audio Coding section to pass the audio to the TV.
- Earlier versions of set-top box firmware did not properly handle automatic HDMI connections. You may need an update to your set-top box firmware or a newer set-top box from your service provider.
- If using a computer set the appropriate HDMI properties .
- Instead of setting the audio output of the source device to Dolby Digital or DTS sound, try setting it to output PCM or 2-channel audio. If assistance is needed to change the audio settings, consult the instruction manual or manufacturer of the source device.
- A seperate audio connection is needed if using a computer and the HDMI connection is being recognized as a DVI connection by the computer.
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI input of the TV and connect the source device to a different TV.
NOTE: This step should be done before the next 2 steps because it will help determine if the issue is with the source device or the HDMI cable. If the sound is heard on another TV, reconnect the source device to the TV and continue with the steps below.
- If there is still no sound, perform a power reset on the TV .
- If there is still no sound after power resetting the TV, replace the HDMI cable.
- Perform a factory reset .
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.