IMPORTANT: This answer only applies when the Standby light is blinking 8 times. If you have a different number of blinks, please see this answer .
Follow these steps if the TV turns off and on by itself, reboots, or the standby light is blinking eight (8) times.
IMPORTANT: This includes disconnecting your modem, router or any other Internet devices that are connected to the TV.
- Disconnect the TV from the network.
- If using a wired connection, disconnect the LAN cable.
- If using wireless connection, turn off the router and the modem.
- If using a USB wireless LAN Adapter (UWA-BR100), disconnect the USB wireless LAN Adapter from the TV.
- Perform a power reset on the TV.
- Perform a factory reset .
- If the Reset message does not appear and the TV turns off and on or if the reset procedure does not start immediately after the picture or display information appears, the reset will not work properly. In this case, start the procedure again.
- The initial setup screen displays if the reset procedure is performed correctly.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Initial setup.
NOTE: In performing the Initial setup, skip Network setup and IR blaster setup.
- If the problem is not resolved by the steps above, perform a system software (firmware) update.
NOTE: For how to update, refer to: How to perform a software update.