Most TVs have settings that can automatically determine the best way to show the picture on the screen. These settings can be made from the TV menu.
Setting the TV
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound or Picture & Display — Screen.
- Select Display or System settings or Bravia Settings — Screen.
- Select Screen.
- Turn on the following settings (if available):
- Set Wide mode to Auto, or Auto Wide to ON.
- Set Auto Display Area to ON.
Note: When Wide mode is set to Auto, or Auto Wide is set to ON, it will automatically change the wide mode according to the input signal from an external device. If you want to keep your preferred setting, select Off or preferred setting.
- Press the Home or Menu button to exit the settings.
Note: If your remote control has a button labeled Wide, Zoom or , you can use that to manually change display modes to try to correct the issue.