The Android TV™ or Google TV™ volume cannot be specified using an Amazon Alexa-enabled device.
IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products, regions, and operating systems. For the applicable products, please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article. For the applicable countries, regions, and operating systems, please see the Countries and regions where Sony TV's support Amazon Alexa-enabled devices article.
If an external speaker (sound bar) is connected to the TV
The TV volume cannot be specified by commands such as Set volume to 15. You can only command to increase or decrease the volume. To adjust the volume, use voice commands that include the device you want to operate (such as the TV name):
Voice command examples:
- Alexa, volume up on xxxxxxx (TV name).
- Alexa, volume down on xxxxxxx (device name).
Note: As of September 2019, when adjusting the TV volume using an Amazon Alexa-enabled device, the volume increases or decreases by 10. This may change if Amazon changes its specifications.
If an external speaker is not connected to the TV
Refer to the following and set Speakers in the TV to TV speakers.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound — Audio output — Speakers — TV Speakers
- Select Sound — Speakers — TV Speakers
*Amazon and Alexa are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.