IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Before you start
- You can only download apps that are compatible with TVs. They may differ from apps for smartphones/tablets. Google Play on the Android TVs, or Search for apps on the Google TVs, only display apps that are supported by the TV. To see if apps are or can be installed on the TV, refer to the article What apps are available for my TV?.
- An Internet connection and Google Account are required to install apps. If you do not have a Google Account or want to create a shared account, create a new account by accessing the Google homepage. We recommend that you create a Google Account on a computer or mobile device.
- If you cannot install any applications, refer to the article I cannot download, install, or update any applications from the Google Play Store.
- If you want to remove any applications on the TV, refer to the article How do I uninstall applications on the Google TV or Android TV?.
- About paid apps: There are free apps and paid apps. To purchase a paid app, a prepaid Google Play gift card code or credit card information is required. You can purchase a Google Play gift card from various retailers.
- The screenshots provided here are for reference only. The actual screen might differ slightly according to your country, region, model, or firmware version.
How to install
Select Your TV type.