Sony TVs store various types of data, such as recently used apps, cache and data or software update information. As a result, you don’t have to wait for apps to load when you switch between them and can resume watching your series where you left off. Unfortunately, every TV in the world has a finite amount of memory. Follow these steps to clear TV storage.
How to free up TV memory on your Sony TV
Here are some ways in which you can free up TV memory:
- Manage TV apps (e.g., uninstall unused TV apps, close unused apps running in the background, clear cache and app data)
- Free up TV memory by moving content to an external storage device (e.g., a USB drive)
- Reset your TV to factory settings.
How much storage is available on my Sony Google TV™ or Android TV™?
Your Sony TV comes with a predefined amount of built-in storage, however, the actual capacity available to you will vary depending on the OS and installed software requirements.
Depending on your TV model, you might be able to see how much space your apps, videos or images are currently consuming by following the steps below on the TV itself (steps might vary):
- Press the HOME or Quick settings button on the remote control.
- The next steps will depend on your TV model:
- Select Settings à System à Storage à Internal storage
- Select Settings à Storage & Reset à Storage or Internal Shared Storage à Available
Visit the following articles for more information:
- Where to find TV specifications?
- The storage capacity of my Android TV is less than what's listed in the specifications.
Manage TV apps
If you have apps or games on your TV that you don’t use anymore, remove them to clear memory and make space for new content.
If you're experiencing issues with a particular app, clearing cache or clearing the app data is an excellent way to start troubleshooting. While clearing your cache means deleting temporary data (e.g., thumbnails or your preferred YouTube™ videos), clearing the app data means removing all your settings and returning the app to its original installation state.
You can find everything you need to know about managing apps on your Sony TV in the following FAQs:
How to add more storage and move TV apps to a USB storage device (Except for Google TVs, and XH90_X90H_X91H_XH92 series)
Some Android TV models allow you to move your downloaded apps to a USB storage device to increase the memory space available. Visit the FAQs below for more information.
- How to move the downloaded apps on the TV to USB storage device
- [External link] Google’s support website: Get more storage for your Android TV
If you get an out-of-memory message
If your TV memory is full and you try to download a new application, the TV will inform you about insufficient storage and ask you to delete apps or content that you no longer use.
If your TV is stuck, turn it off, then turn it back on to clear the system memory. If the TV doesn’t turn back on, try resetting it. Finally, follow the steps in this article to free up storage.