How can I test the picture and sound quality of my Android TV™ or Google TV™?
If you feel that the picture/sound output from your television doesn't display or sound correct, there's an easy way to verify if something is wrong.
Performing the picture and sound test
Follow these steps to perform the picture and sound test.
- On the remote control, press the HELP button, or press the (HOME) button and select Apps → See all → Help.
Note: If your TV does not have Apps on the home menu, follow the steps from the HELP button.
The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Status & Diagnostics → Picture/Sound Symptoms or Picture/Sound test.
- Select Problem diagnosis → Picture/Sound Symptoms.
- Select Picture/Sound Symptoms.
The images above are examples of the TV screens with Android 9 and 10.
- Select Start to perform the picture and sound test.
- The sample picture and audio plays back. Check whether the picture and sound are displayed/output correctly. To cancel the test, press the BACK button on the remote control.
- When the test is complete, the Picture and sound test is complete! screen appears. To end the test, select Finish. To test again, select Restart the test or Start again.