Can I use Bluetooth audio devices with my Google TV™ or Android TV™?
If your Google TV or Android TV supports the Bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), you can connect Bluetooth audio devices such as headphones or speakers and enjoy TV sound through those devices. Check which TVs support A2DP or the compatible Sony audio devices:
Check if your TV supports A2DP
You can check the applicable TV models on our support website by going to the Specifications section of your product page. If your model can use Bluetooth headphones, A2DP is displayed in the Bluetooth profile section.
- We do not guarantee operation with all of the Bluetooth audio devices. Refer to the compatible model list for the devices that have been confirmed.
- You can also check the applicable TV models by confirming whether A/V sync is available on the TV Settings menu. If A/V sync is available, your TV model supports A2DP and can use Bluetooth audio devices:
- If your remote control has a (Quick Settings) button, press the (Quick Settings) button → Select Settings → Display & Sound → Audio output → Check if A/V sync is available.
- If your remote control does not have a (Quick Settings) button, press the HOME button → and Select Settings. The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound → Audio output → Check if A/V sync is available.
- Select Sound → Check if A/V sync is in the item.
Check the compatible model list
Choose your TV series. The models in the list are ones where we have confirmed the Bluetooth connection operations.
Note: Bluetooth devices supporting A2DP that are not included in the compatible model list may work with your TV. However, we do not guarantee the functionality, audio latency, influence from the surrounding environment, etc.
2022 TV series (other than X74K, X75K and W8K series)
2022 TV series (X74K, X75K series)
2021 TV series
2020 TV series
2019 TV series or before
- Make sure your TV and other audio device have the latest software update. You can install the latest software update for your TV model or other Sony audio devices from the Sony Support website. For how to update your TV, refer to the How to perform a software update article.
- Only one Bluetooth audio device can be connected to the TV at a time. It is possible to connect Bluetooth devices other than the Bluetooth audio device at the same time.
- The codec used when transmitting the Bluetooth audio device is SBC (Sub-Band Coding) (LDAC, AAC, aptX, eSBC, etc. are not supported.)
- Depending on the TV app used, or Bluetooth audio device connected, some app operations performed from the Bluetooth audio device may not work. In such cases, use the TV remote control to operate the app.
- How to connect Headphone to the Google TV or Android TV models via Bluetooth
- How to connect Sound Bar to the Google TV or Android TV models via Bluetooth
- In the event of issues, such as no sound coming out even when using applicable products, refer to the Troubleshooting for the Bluetooth connection with the audio device on Android TV FAQ.