IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
This article is designed to assist with setting the Parental Control settings when using the Netflix app on a Sony device. Prior to using this solution, understanding the following is recommended.
- How the parental control setting work with a Netflix account.
- How does Netflix decide the maturity rating on movies and TV shows.
- Understanding which version of the Netflix app is used on your Sony product .
If using Netflix version 3:
You can restrict TV shows and movies for kids 12 and under directly on device by follow these steps.
- With the Netflix app open, select HOME.
- Select Switch and manage profiles.
- Select the Pen symbol to edit the profile you would like to put the restriction on.
- Check the tick box next to For Kids.
If using Netflix version 2:
Maturity levels can be set to individual profiles. This can only be done through the Netflix web site. Visit the Netflix help center for additional information on how to set parental controls on the Netflix account.
NOTE: Restricting TV shows and movies for kids 12 and under directly on device is not supported.
If using Netflix version 1:
This version of the Netflix app is limited to the parental settings of main top profile regardless of whether there are other profiles or not.
NOTE: As part of the Netflix operations, the main top profile cannot be deleted from the list of profiles on the Netflix web site.