What is required to use the DLNA feature to stream media on a smart phone to my TV?
- The smartphone and DNLA-capable Internet video device must be connected to the same local area network (LAN).
- A DLNA media server app must be installed on the smartphone.
- If you are using an Android device use the Google Play store app on the phone to locate an app.
- If you are using an Apple iPhone mobile digital device, use the Apple iTunes application to find an app.
- A DLNA Certified Digital Media Player or Client must be used. These devices are able to find photos and videos from other DLNA Certified devices and play them on your TV, stereo system, home theater systems, Blu-ray Disc (BD) player, wireless monitors and game consoles. It works same as connecting to your PC.
- Additioanl information available regarding the different DLNA classes described in this solution.
- If your TV has Wi-Fi Direct, then your phone can wirelessly connect to the TV and not require the LAN for this task. Check the supplied operations guide or iManual.