- Not all Blu-ray Disc players or TVs have internet capabilities. To see if your unit has the ability to connect to the internet, check the specifications or the supplied operations manual.
- We recommend using a wireless bridge if the video device does not have wireless internet capabilities and a LAN connection is not available in the room or area where the video device is located.
Follow these steps to connect a wired router to a Sony Blu-ray Disc player, TV or Network media player:
- A cable, DSL, or other high-speed Internet connection is required.
- The router must be connected to an active high-speed modem.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the router to the Local Area Network (LAN) jack on the back of the product.
- Use the Network set up feature from the menu of the video device to set up a wired connection.
NOTE: The substeps below may vary slightly by model. Refer to the manual supplied with the device for model-specific instructions.
- Using the supplied remote, press the HOME or Menu button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network Setup.
- Follow the on-screen steps to set up a wired connection.
If using the DMX-NV1 BRAVIA Internet Video Link (BIVL) to a wired router and compatible Sony TV, follow these additional steps:
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the router to the LAN jack on the BIVL.
- Connect the L-shaped end of the supplied HDMI cable to the HDMI OUT connection on the BIVL.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to an HDMI input on the TV.
- Connect the smaller (mini B) end of the supplied USB cable to the DMex port on the BIVL.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the DMex port on the TV.