- This procedure will only work on a computer. For further assistance with lost passwords for your router, please contact your router manufacturer.
- If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, click Continue or click Yes.
View the Network Security Key
For Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Network and Internet.
- In the Network and Internet window, click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, on the left side, click Manage wireless networks.
- In the Manage wireless networks window, right-click on your wireless connection and then click Properties.
- In the Wireless Network Properties window, click the Security tab.
- Click to select the box in front of Show Characters.
NOTE: This will now display the password to connect to your wireless network.
For Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 operating systems
- Right-click the network icon in the notifications bar and click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- In the View your active connection section, click the SSID of your network.
- In the Wi-Fi Status window, click Wireless Properties.
- In the Wireless Network Properties, click the Security Tab.
- Click the box next to Show Characters.
NOTE: This will display the password of your network.