IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Wi-Fi Direct allows you to wirelessly connect a device to the TV without using a wireless router, and then stream videos, photos, and music from that device directly to the TV.
Note: There are several ways to display content of a device on the TV screen. For other wireless connection methods, refer to the following articles:
- Before you start
- Set up and use the Wi-Fi Direct feature
- Make sure your TV software is updated to the latest version.
- Depending on your TV model, the device that you are using, or regions/countries, some functions may not be available.
- Not all TVs have the Wi-Fi Direct feature. To see if your product supports the Wi-Fi Direct feature, check the specifications or the supplied manual.
- For more details regarding the Wi-Fi Direct feature, refer to the article What is the Wi-Fi Direct feature?
Activate the Wi-Fi Direct mode on the TV and establish a connection with the device. Once the setup is complete, media can be shared between the device and the TV.
Note: For your TV model, refer to the article How to check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV™, Android TV™, or other TV.
If the device cannot connect to the TV, refer to the article The Wi-Fi Direct or Screen mirroring function doesn't work.
If the issue is not resolved, or the connection is unstable, try one of these alternative methods:
* Apple, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.