After updating the TV system software, the remote control is not working or the TV is not responding to the remote control.
IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products. Please check the Applicable Products of this article.
This issue can happen if the Service Replacement settings is set to ON. Follow these steps to resolve the issue.
- Disconnect all cables (except for the AC power cord) and other devices from the TV.
- Disconnect and then reconnect the AC power cord.
- Change the Service Replacement settings to Off:
- Press the HOME button on remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Channel Setup.
- Select Digital Setup.
- Select Technical Setup.
- Select Service Replacement and set to OFF.
NOTE: If you cannot change the Service Replacement settings to OFF for some reason, perform the factory data reset instead.