Which file types are supported for home network and USB playback?
NOTE: Supported file formats may be changed by update. To check the latest information, perform the procedure below.
For Android TV: Check the following FAQ
What file formats are supported by the Album, Music, and Video apps?
For recent LCD models (2012 and beyond): Check Help Guide
For recent models, compatibility info can easily be found in the Reference Guide or Help Guide. Access the website below and check the Reference Guide or Help Guide of your TV by following the steps below.
NOTE: The screen displays and options used in following steps is an example and may be different from the actual situation.
- Click the model name of your TV.
NOTE: For how to check the model name of your TV, refer to How to check the model name of your TV below.
- For Reference Guide, click Reference Guide.
- After opening the Reference Guide, click Navigating through Home Menu.
- Click Media → Playback Photo/Music/Video via USB.
- Look in the USB Video format column to find all compatible file types.
- For Help Guide (sometimes called iManual), click Help Guide.
- After opening the Help Guide or iManual, click Using Other devices.
NOTE: If there is a search box on the Help Guide, search for "USB" and select Playback Photo / Music / Video via USB or Playing content stored on a USB device.
- In case no HTML version of the Help Guide is available but only an Instruction manual or Operation Manual in PDF, under Navigating through Home menu, look for Media → Playing back Photo/Music/Video via USB.
- 4K video resolutions are not supported via home network.
- Photo RAW files are only supported from USB input.
- Music LPCM files are only supported via home network.