Blu-ray Disc / DVD Player - HDMI + Optical Audio cable
Making a Connection
- A: HDMI IN
- B: HDMI cable
- C: HDMI OUT
- D: Optical Digital OUT
- E: Optical digital audio cable
- F: Optical Digital IN
- Using the HDMI cable, connect the HDMI IN (ARC or eARC) port on the TV and the HDMI OUT (ARC or eARC) port on the audio device.
- Using the optical digital audio cable, connect the Optical Digital OUT port on the TV and the Optical Digital IN port on the audio device.
- Turn on the TV.
- Set Speakers to Audio system.
The steps below are an example on Android TV or Google TV.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound → Audio output → Speakers → Audio system.
- Select Sound → Speakers → Audio system
- Set the BRAVIA Sync control to On.
Note: If your TV is other than a BRAVIA TV, check the supplied manuals to search the settings related to the HDMI CEC function and set it to On.
- Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on both the TV and the audio system.
- Set the TV sound to the desired setting of either Fixed or Variable.
- Some TV models do not have this setting.
- For Android TV with this setting option, select Audio out (Fixed) and adjust the volume on an external output device such as an audio system.
If you select Audio out (Fixed), audio will be output from both the TV and external output device. If you want to output TV sound only from the external output device (mute sound from the TV), decrease the TV volume to the lowest level or mute it.
- Turn on the audio system.
Note: When the TV’s Headphone/Audio out is set to Audio out (Variable): The volume on an external output device such as an audio system is linked to the TV volume, and audio is output from both the TV and external output device. If you want to turn off only the audio output from the TV, change the Speakers setting on the TV to Audio system.
Note that if you decrease or mute the TV volume while the Speakers setting on the TV is set to TV speakers, the sound from the external output device will decrease or be muted.
Please note that this is just basic troubleshooting based on Sony latest TV models. You can check specific troubleshooting for your model on the i-Manual or operating instructions. If the symptom still persists, please contact Sony.
- No picture appears on the TV screen when connected to the player via HDMI.
For some 2014 TV models (i.e. KDL-xxWxxxB Series), there is Problem Diagnosis feature that may detect connected device symptom: Press HOME button on the remote → Help → Customer Support → Problem Diagnosis: External Device Symptom.
Please check the following:
- Is the HDMI cable connected correctly?
- Is the HDMI input selected on TV?
- If a resolution setting unacceptable to your TV is mistakenly selected, you can reset it to the factory default. In this case, press STOP button on the player for more than 10 seconds to reset the video output resolution to the lowest resolution.