- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, after completing each step check to make sure that the Internet video app did not reappear.
- Google services no longer support YouTube™ apps on some Internet video devices after April 20, 2015.
- For the following models, also refer to the I get error 22 or the services in All Apps disappear. article:
W62E, W67E, W75E, X70E, X72E, W77E, W61E, W66E, X67E, X69E, X72F, W61, W66 series
- If you would like to learn how to download or install new app on your TV, refer to How do I install applications on the Android TV™ or Google TV™, and then confirm the apps installed? article.
Note: For model-specific information regarding any of the steps in this solution refer to the operations manual that was supplied with the product.
- Ensure that the Internet video device is connected to the Internet.:
If there is a problem with the network connection, Internet video station icons may disappear.
For BRAVIA TVs
- Perform a software update to obtain the latest software.Notes:
- The channel line-up, apps, or available stations on an Internet video device may unexpectedly change. To avoid issues in which available channels are being skipped, make sure that the latest system software (firmware) update has been installed.
- If the latest software is already installed, No updates available or The Most current update is being used will appear.
- From the menu of the Internet video device, select Refresh Internet Content.Notes:As examples, here are the steps for a BRAVIA TV and for a Blu-ray Player. For a BRAVIA TV other than an Android or Google TV: For a Blu-ray player:
- For Android TVs and Google TVs, skip this step because those models do not have a Refresh Internet Content setting.
- Depending on the model, there may be no Refresh Internet Content setting, or the setting procedure may be different. For details, refer to the product manual.
- Reset the modem and router.
- Do the Refresh Internet Content procedure again.Note: For Android TVs and Google TVs, skip this step.
- Perform a power reset.
- For Android TV and Google TV: How to restart (reset) an Android TV or Google TV?
- For other TV models: How to perform a power reset on a Sony television
- Reset the Internet video device to the original factory settings.
- For Android TV: How to reset the Android TV to factory settings
- For Google TV: How to perform a Power Reset or a Factory data reset on a Google TV
- For other TV models: How to reset the television to the original factory settings
- If the TV displays an error code , additional troubleshooting steps may be required.
- Another reason that an Internet video app may disappear or be removed from the menu is if the Internet settings change. The Internet setting may change for the following reasons:
- The Internet video device is being used in a different country or region. The Internet video apps are region-based and may not work in different countries or regions.
- The network settings such as the Internet Protocol (IP) are changed by the Internet Service Provider (ISP). In this case, it may be necessary to reset the network equipment and redo the network set up from the menu of the Internet video device.
- The ISP was replaced or changed. Even if the Network hardware stays the same, it may be necessary to reset the network equipment and redo the network set up from the menu of the Internet video device.