IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
The following is required to play 3D streaming video from the Netflix service:
- The Internet Service Provider (ISP) must have access to the Netflix Open Connect Content Delivery Network.
- Bandwidth between 6-12 Mbps is needed to play the video smoothly and prevent rebuffering.
- To stream 3D video from a Blu-ray Disc player or steaming media player with a Netflix app, the TV must support 3D through an HDMI connection.
- The device you are using to stream the 3D video must have a 3D-enabled Netflix app installed.
Visit the Netflix Support website for more information about Netflix 3D.
- Some Sony 3D TVs do not support streaming videos from the installed Netflix app in 3D. This is because Netflix 3D videos use the Multiview Video Coding (MVC) format that is not supported on some of the models. 3D videos available from other 3D streaming content providers using Side by Side (SbS) or Top and Bottom (TaB) formats are supported.
- The KDL-50R550A, KDL-60R550A, KDL-60R551A, KDL-70R550A, and KDL-70R551A TV models support 3D streaming from Netflix.