Motionflow creates interpolated images to make the picture smooth. This may cause noise to appear in the following situations.
- Switching between scenes or fast moving scenes
- On the screen edges in fast moving scenes
If you are bothered by the noise, change the Motionflow settings following the steps below.
- The display screen may differ depending on the model or OS version. The following is just an example.
- Not all Sony TVs have Motionflow settings. To verify whether your TV has this setting, check the menu by following these steps. If Motionflow is mentioned in BRAVIA technical specs or marketing material by Sony, but the Motionflow menu is not available, then Motionflow settings are automatically adjusted by the TV.
- Open the Settings screen. How to access Settings
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Picture settings — Picture or Advanced — Motion — Motionflow.
- Select Display & Sound — Picture — Motion — Motionflow.
- Select Display & Sound or Display — Picture or Picture Adjustments — Advanced settings or Advanced — Motion — Motionflow.
- Select Picture & Display or BRAVIA Settings — Picture adjustments — Advanced settings or Advanced — Motion — Motionflow.
- Select Display or Preferences — Picture — Motionflow.
- The video you are playing is displayed on the screen. Select a different mode that reduces the noise while watching the screen.
If other settings doesn't resolve the noise issue, choose Custom mode and adjust the Smoothness with the following procedure.
Note: Depending on the model, there may be no Custom mode setting.
- Select Custom.
- Select Smoothness and change the level by pressing the Down, Left or Right button.
Note: If noise is not reduced, set Motionflow to Off.