The TV may not turn on if there is a power issue. The following situations may cause a power issue:
- A drop in voltage in electrical power
- Power fluctuations, such as brownouts or blackouts.
- A storm
This video tutorial to identify the possible causes and how to resolve.
Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check to see if the problem is solved after completing each step.
- For model specific information regarding any of the steps in this solution, refer to the supplied operations manual.
- When the LED indicator is lighting or blinking, refer to the following articles depending on your model type*.
*If you need to confirm your TV model type, refer to the article How to check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV™, Android TV™, or other TV.
- Google TV or Android TV models: Why does the LED light up or blink in different colors?
- Other TV models: Red, green or orange lights are on or blinking on the TV.
A. Make sure the AC power cord (mains lead) is properly plugged in.
- Make sure that the power cord (mains lead) is properly connected to the BRAVIA TV terminal.
- If the TV model is supplied with AC power adaptor, check the connection between the AC power adaptor and power cord (mains lead) as well.
- Make sure that the power cord (mains lead) is properly plugged in to the mains socket on the wall.
Note: Do not use any power strips and plug the power cord (mains lead) directly into a wall mains socket.
A: AC power adaptor
B: Power cord (mains lead)
B. Check if it improves by unplugging and plugging the AC power cord (mains lead) (resetting).
Internal processing of the BRAVIA TV may take time or go wrong due on the network service/data broadcast/external devices.
When the symptoms are caused by these external factors, it will improve by unplugging and plugging the AC power cord (mains lead) then your BRAVIA TV may work properly.
- Turn off the BRAVIA TV.
- Unplug the AC power cord (mains lead) from the wall outlet.
- Plug the AC power cord (mains lead) after leaving it unplugged for 2 minutes.
- Turn on the BRAVIA TV.
NOTE: If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, unplug it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the television.
C. Check if the BRAVIA TV is turned on by pressing the power button on the BRAVIA TV (not the button on the remote).
NOTE: The positions of the TV buttons may vary. Check the sides, back, front, and top of your TV or refer to your TV manual.
D. To verify whether the influence is due to the external devices connected to the BRAVIA TV, remove the cables (USB, wired LAN, HDMI, antenna (aerial) cables) except the AC power cord (mains lead), then check if this symptom occur.
- TV terminals
- Remove cables
- External devices
- Network devices
- HDD USB device
- USB wireless LAN adaptor (UWA-BR100)
- Video equipment
- Antenna (aerial) equipment such as booster
E. Press the POWER button on the remote control that was supplied with the TV.
NOTE: If the TV turns on and off using the POWER button on the TV but does not respond to the POWER button on the remote control, troubleshoot the remote control.
F. Try connecting another electronic device on the same power switch and check whether you can use it to confirm the issue is not coming from your power outlet.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.