IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Before you start
- This solution applies to specific BRAVIA TVs other than Google TV™ or Android TV™ models. Please check the Applicable Products of this article. For Google TV or Android TV models, select your model's information from the article Mirror, cast, or display the content or screen of a mobile device on the TV screen.
- To check the type of your TV, refer to the How to check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV, Android TV, or other TV article.
You can connect a supported Android™ smartphone and the TV with a Micro USB cable to enjoy content (Photos, Music, Videos) saved in the smartphone on the TV. You can also perform such operations with the TV’s remote control. Refer to the information below for more about supported devices and the operating procedure.
- A: Android smartphone
- B: TV’s remote control
- BRAVIA TV: Other than Google TV or Android TV models released in and after 2017
- Smartphone: Android 4.1 or later
NOTE: Other smartphone OSes, including iOS and Windows, are not supported. This feature may not be supported depending on the Android smartphone model.
Supported file formats
For details about file formats, refer to the manual of your TV.
The following video introduces how to connect an Android Device with a USB Cable and display content on the BRAVIA TV.
NOTE: The display screen may differ depending on the model.
- Prepare the Android smartphone and Micro USB cable.
- Connect the TV and smartphone with the Micro USB cable.
- Set the USB setting of the smartphone to File Transfers or MTP mode.
- Open the TV’s Media Player app.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Media.
- Select Photo, Music or Video.
- When you select Photo, Music or Video two folders are displayed as shown in the following figure.
- Category: Content in each folder from the smartphone’s internal and external memory.
- Generic: All photo/music/video content from the smartphone’s internal and external memory.
- Select content with the TV’s remote control. The color keys can be used to toggle between Photo, Music and Video.