How to connect TV and computer via Wi-Fi Direct (WPS PBC)?
How to connect TV and computer via Wi-Fi Direct (WPS PBC).
TV can be connected directly with a Wi-Fi Direct/Wi-Fi compatible device (e.g. smartphone, PC) that also supports the home network push controller function. Content such as photos/music/videos on the device can be played on TV. No wireless router (or access point) is required to use this feature.
Please follow this instruction if your device support WPS function.
- TV and laptop may require the latest system software (firmware) update to activate the Wi-Fi Direct feature.
- The Wi-Fi Direct feature is not available on all Sony products.
To see if your product supports the Wi-Fi Direct feature, check the specifications.
- Some functions may not be available, depending on the products you are using.
- Some functions may not be available on some regions/countries.
To connect TV and computer through Wi-Fi Direct Connection (WPS PBC):
- Launch the Wi-Fi Direct Mode on TV.
Press Home (MENU) on your remote control → Applications → Wi-Fi Direct Mode
- On the computer, click Start Menu → All Programs
- Select to VAIO Control Center
- Network connections → VAIO Smart Network → Advanced button
- Set Wi-Fi Direct ON and select Connect Device
- Select TV which model name is displayed on the TV and press Next.
If the model name is not listed, click Detect Devices.
- Select Easy Connection.
- Progress bar will be displayed.
- When successfully connected:
Dotted line will appear on TV as shown below:
Your computer is successfully connected to the device message will appear on the computer: