What is a powerline adapter and how to use it to connect to my Network.
Powerline adapters use the electrical wiring in your home or building to connect to your network. A powerline adapter is required on each end of the connection. As shown in the example image below, your Blu-ray Disc player, TV or Network media device plugs into one and your router plugs into the other using a standard Ethernet cable (usually supplied with the powerline adapter).
NOTE: Although powerline adapters will provide you with a network connection, they may not provide enough speed to stream content. Condition of the wiring and other electrical devices in the building can reduce the speed of the connection.
Follow these steps to connect your Internet capable device to a network using a powerline adapter:
NOTE: Refer to the product specifications or the supplied operations manual to determine if your device can be connected to the internet.
- Connect one of the powerline adapters to an available LAN port on the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the same powerline adapter into an A/C outlet near the router.
- Connect the second powerline adaptor to the Blu-ray Disc player, TV or Network media device using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the second powerline adapter into the A/C outlet.
- Connect the A/C power to the Blu-ray Disc player, TV or Network media device.
NOTE: It may take couple of minutes to connect to the network and setup the network using the menu screens on the TV.