IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Before you start
- IMPORTANT: Our TV remotes are intended to be used for our Sony TVs / Sound bars and selected setup boxes.
- For the X70, X70G, X70F, X73F, W66F, W61G, W66G, W62G, W67G, W61F, W66F, W62F, W67F, X70E, X72E, W75E, W77E, W61E, W66E, W62E, W67E series TVs: If the remote control is not working after updating the TV system software, refer to the After updating the TV system software, the remote control is not working or the TV is not responding to the remote control article.
- If an error is displayed when you press a remote control button related to network services such as YouTube™ or Netflix, check whether the TV is connected to the Internet correctly. For details about connecting to the Internet or troubleshooting, refer to the article How to & Troubleshooting for internet connection.
Top tip - our quick recommended solution
Before trying any troubleshooting, we recommend you try resetting the remote control:
- Remove the batteries from the remote control.
Note: Opening the battery compartment cover will vary, depending on the type of remote control. For details, refer to your TV manual.
- On the remote control, press the Power button for three seconds.
- Reinsert the batteries, making sure they are inserted with the correct polarity (-/+), then see if the issue is resolved.
- If the issue is not resolved, remove the batteries again and leave them out for approximately 1 minute. Then, reinsert the batteries.
- You can manually turn off your TV by holding down the power button.
If the issue is resolved, the remote control may have temporarily stopped working due to poor battery contact or static electricity. If the issue continues, we advise you to go through each section of our complete troubleshooting guide.
Our complete troubleshooting guides
This article is composed of the following items. First, check whether the problem is due to the TV or the remote control. If the problem is due to the remote control, you will be guided by the remote control type. Start with Step 1.
If you completed all the steps and the issue is not resolved, please Contact Us for further support as service may be required, or the remote may need to be replaced.