Questions & Answers: 230
- Where can I check to see if my mobile device is a Wi-Fi® Certified Miracast device?An up-to-date list of Wi-Fi Certified™ products can be found at the Wi-Fi alliance Web site. This list will include Miracast or Near Field Communication (NFC™) enabled devices.
- The picture on the TV screen is too dark.Follow this procedure to troubleshoot a TV picture that is too dark. Refer to the manual provided with the TV if additional model-specific instructions are needed to perform any of the steps listed. If Picture mode
- Images that are not saved in the DCIM folder do not appear on the Discover Photo category.When a memory card is inserted in a camera, a folder labeled DCIM is created by the camera in which all the photos are saved. This TV only reads photos that are saved in the DCIM folder. To ensure proper viewing
- How to playback the content stored in my Xperia smartphone on the TV screen.The following are the three different ways on how to playback the music, videos, and pictures saved on your Xperia smartphone on your TV screen: Display the screen of your Xperia smartphone wirelessly by Screen
- How to connect the computer to the TV via cable?How to connect computer to TV via cable (HDMI or VGA as recommended cable), and use television as an external display of your computer. Depending on the ports available on your television and computer, it is possible
- How to view 3D video images on a 3D TV connected to an audio receiver or home theater system.IMPORTANT: Using an HDMI cable that is not high-speed will prevent the 3D signal from passing to the 3D device. Using a high-speed HDMI cable, connect a 3D-compatible player (Blu-ray Disc player, cable box, satellite
- Audio goes out and system goes to standby when the channels on the TV are changed.This receiver may lose sound or the mute setting may be activated if the Consumer Electronic Control (CEC) setting on one of the devices is set to on. The CEC feature may be interfering with the HDMI control function
- The movie subtitle is unreadable when I play movie from USB drive or external hard driveThere is a possibility of mismatch between the subtitle encoding and the selected encoding option on TV media player. When playing back a movie with subtitle, press OPTION on your remote. Select Subtitle. Select
- Can Adobe® Flash® player be installed and used with the Internet video device?The web browser on the Internet video device does not support the use of Adobe Flash Player. Websites that require Adobe Flash Player may not display correctly.
- YouTube searches show different results on my internet streaming device than it does when searching on a PC.When searching using identical words on both the internet streaming device and the computer, search results are different. This is normal and it is because YouTube® content provided through internet streaming services
Netflix Frequently Asked Questions
- Notice for BRAVIA TV owners: Termination of Twitter Service Availability on Sony 2010 through 2016 BRAVIA non-Android TV models
- Notice of restoration of temporary network service suspension for BRAVIA LCD TV - Updated on 1st April 2014
- Notice for affected Sony BRAVIA® LCD TVs: Inability to sign in to Skype service - Updated on 13th Aug 2014