Updating the TV to the latest software allows you access to the newest features and fixes specific problems.
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Don't turn the TV off or disconnect it from the power while it's updating.
- Don't press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start with the firmware update.
By setting Automatic software update to On, the latest software in its release stage is automatically transmitted to the TV via broadcast waves, and the software updates.
How to receive an automatic software update
The steps to update the software differ depending on the menu system on your television.
If you want to update the software now, you can download a firmware update for free from the Sony Support website, then save it to a USB stick and install it on your TV.
- A firmware update via our support pages is only available to models with USB software update capability.
- For models without USB software update capability (often older models), service assistance is required.