Before you start
- This solution applies to BRAVIA TVs other than Google TV and Android TV models. For Google TV or Android TV models, refer to the article How to reset the Google TV or Android TV models to factory settings.
Note: If you need to confirm your TV model type, refer to the article How to check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV, Android TV, or other TV.
- The supplied remote control is necessary to perform this procedure.
- If lights on the front of the TV are blinking or flashing, refer to the Red, green or orange lights are on or blinking on the TV. article.
Step 1: Power Reset
First try performing a Power Reset if you have not done so already. A Power Reset does not usually reset settings such as mentioned below WARNING to factory settings. If you have already performed the Power Reset, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Factory Data Reset
WARNING! The factory reset will clear all of your customized settings including the Parental Lock setting.
Select the status of your TV below. The operation procedure varies depending on the status of the TV.
- If you can operate the Home menu screen with the remote control
- If you cannot operate the Home menu screen with the remote control
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Customer Support.
- Select Factory Settings.
- Select OK.
- Unplug the TV power cord (mains lead) from the electrical outlet.
- Allow the TV to remain without power for one minute.
- Plug the power cord (mains lead) back into the electrical outlet.
Note: The TV should turn on automatically. If it does not, turn it on.
- Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.
- On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button. Make sure the remote control is pointed towards the front and centre of the TV.
- While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER button on the TV set. Depending on the TV, Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV.
- The TV may turn off and then back on.
- If the TV remains off after this operation, Press the POWER button to turn it on.
- The button may be on the front, top or side of the TV. If your TV has an Energy Saving switch, be sure to press the POWER button rather than the Energy Saving switch.
- Release the UP ARROW button.
Note: The initial setup screen displays if the above procedures were performed correctly.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup.
If the reset did not complete successfully, disconnect all devices from the TV and turn off or disable the network connection the repeat these steps.