Like any other device, regularly restarting your TV will help you avoid minor issues. Restarting can clear up left over data from uninstalled apps, restart crashed applications, clear up memory and help to improve the situation for the following unexpected symptoms:
- Abnormal image, no picture, or no sound for a TV channel or external device
- No sound or distorted sound, unwanted noise, or interrupted sound when playing video or audio
- Video, pictures or thumbnails do not display properly, or display a black screen
- USB playback, Throw, Screen Mirroring or Chromecast do not work
- The application does not operate correctly
- Red LED is blinking
Here are three different ways you can restart your Sony Android TV.