Before you start
In order to correctly establish a wired LAN (Local Area Network) network, you will need the following:
- Your TV must be Internet-capable. If you are not sure about this, please check in the specifications of your model, in the manual or on our support website
- You will need a subscription with an Internet provider
- You need a modem/router and a LAN cable (Ethernet cable)
How to establish a wired LAN network
To establish a wired LAN network, you just need to connect your router and your TV using the LAN cable.
Note: The location of the LAN port varies according to the TV model, but in all models it is located at the back of the TV.
If you already have a wired connection, but you don't seem to have internet access, try to connect with the EASY setup:
Note: Google TV™ and some Android TV™ models released in 2020* do not have this setting. The Internet connection will be established automatically, and settings of the TV is not required.
How to perform an Easy setup
- On the remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Network & Internet — Easy setup — Wired LAN. (Android™ 9)
- Select Network — Network setup — Easy — Wired LAN. (Android 8.0 or earlier)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.