IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products, country and/or operating systems. For the applicable products, please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article. For the applicable countries/regions and operating systems, please refer to the article below.
Countries and regions where Sony's Android TV™ supports Amazon Alexa devices
If the TV cannot be turned on using an Amazon Alexa device, refer to the following:
- Set Remote start in the TV to ON.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network or Network & Internet.
- Select Remote start, then set to ON.
- Make sure you are using the same Google account on Amazon Alexa devices and the TV.
- Check the Date & time are set automatically. For details, refer to the following article:
How to adjust the date and time
- If the issue is still unresolved, try the following:
- If a device other than the TV and Amazon Alexa compatible speaker is connected to the same router, disconnect that other device to reduce the number of connected devices.
- If you are using the router’s firewall, check that ports 5228, 5229, and 5230 are open.
This operation may not be available due to router specifications (including the limit for the number of connected devices) or settings. For details, please refer to the manual or support site of the router.
*Amazon and Alexa are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.